Thursday, August 5, 2010

Zucchini with Arugula Pesto and Summertime Tomatoes

Summer Beauty!
Summer veggies everywhere!  SOTJ Farmer's Market provided me with a big bag of arugula this past weekend so I, being the lover of pesto that I am, decided to blend it up and make a little peppery delight.  Here's what I did:

Into my Cuisinart food processor, I added two handfuls of arugula, a handful of walnuts, 2 cloves of garlic and a generous heaping of parmigiano reggiano.  The arugula is peppery enough and the cheese is plenty salty so really there is no need for extra seasoning.  While pulsing away, I drizzled in some extra virgin olive oil until it was a beautiful, vibrant green paste.  I could use this on anything (who am I kidding, I could eat it by the spoonful) but this time I decided to add it to the side dish. I topped the hot sauté of summer tomatoes and ribbons of zucchini that had their turn in a hot pan with a couple of turns of olive oil.   While the blend was still piping hot, I added a dollop of the pesto until it lightly coated each bite.  Finished with a sprinkle of the cheese and deliciousness was served!

No comments:

Post a Comment