Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gluten Free Adventures-Holiday Cookies, Take 1

No, you aren't wrong...it's everywhere. Gluten free pasta, gluten free breads, cookies and treats. For reasons not worth going into, I've gone gluten free for about 10 days now. No need to bore you with the specifics but I am hoping for feedback and recommendations as I enter a new phase in my kitchen wizardry. Tonight, I experimented with gluten free, triple chocolate and cranberry cookies and so far so good. However, they are pretty crumbly so I am sure there is a way to remedy this (preferably it's a low cost fix). Let the recommendations commence!
Here's the recipe I converted:

* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup old-fashioned oats
* 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
* 2 ounces milk chocolate or white chocolate, chopped (for drizzling)



In full disclosure, I dropped 1 tbsp of butter and added about 1 tbsp of cinnamon pear jam. The cookies are delicious but they fall apart easily. Instead of me sharing my conversion, who cares to share how they would convert to gluten free? Thanks for the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment