Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Quick Cookie with Nutella & Toffee

Seriously, I think all family baking talents were funneled to my sister. Did I mention that my grandmother used to sell holiday fruit cake right out of her kitchen every year? She had recurring orders starting in August so they must have been delicious. We never met her but I am sure we are channeling her in the kitchen....apparently, I just need to focus a little more on the baking side.

So, to get up to speed with the baking skills train, I have put myself on a strict 'bake something at least 3 times a week' schedule. Let's just say this week's first two tries this week fell short...way short. I'll catch you up on those once I identify the issue and how to fix it- apple pie, I'm coming back for you! In the meantime, I decided a little confidence booster was in order so nothing easier than a dressed up sugar cookie! Really, it took less than 10 minutes thanks to a well know friend, Betty Crocker. These babies are quick, quick, quick. Equally tasty, little bit of crunch and melt in your mouth goodness. Sometimes you just have to be thankful for pre-made mix.

1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
1 stick butter
1 egg
Heath Toffee Bits
Nutella Hazelnut spread

Prepare the cookie mix according to instructions on package for drop cookies with the butter and egg. Using your cookie scoop, drop cookies on non-stick baking sheet (Airbake sheets are great for sugar cookies), top with as many little bits of toffee as you would like and bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until browning around the edges. Let stand for 1 minute and then transfer to a cooling rack. Spoon some nutella into a piping bag or a ziploc and snip the tip off. Once the cookies have cooled, pipe the hazelnut spread over the top anyway you like. See...nothing but easy. Confidence restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment